True Encounters: TurDucKen


Thanks to Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives for bringing the Alpine Steakhouse to my attention. They are best known for their single-portion servings of TurDucKen, also known as the TurDuckLet. In case you are unfamiliar with the culinary oddity, it is a chicken, cooked inside of a duck, cooked inside of a turkey.

Take it away, Guy,



Look at all that meat! 


Pre-TurDuckLet Experience
Personally, I did not have the TurDuckLet. Aside from being a vegetarian, thinking about a chicken-inside of a duck-inside of a turkey makes me a little nauseous. Never the mind, I went to support/watch in horror as my co-worker downed his plate of meat-on meat-on meat. He said that it was up there on the list of best things he's ever eaten.

Surprisingly, this little restaurant really packs a gourmet punch. I had the Oysters Rockefeller, and mushrooms stuffed with artichokes. Extremely rich and delicious. Everyone was very happy with their meal, and in between the seven of us, we practically sampled the entire menu.

Comments

Popular Posts