Michigan


Sadly, this is the only acceptable picture I have of my time in Michigan. In a whirlwind two days, I visited with my brother-from-another-mother in Ann Arbor, and then we had shows in Detroit. 

On our drive from Madison to Detroit, we drove right through Ann Arbor, which is home to my brother-from-another-mother, Timmy. 

See, here we are at Junior Prom together.

Love.
Despite living over 500 miles from each other for the last 8 years, we've kept in touch. The Internet is miraculous for keeping in touch with close friends! I swear that Google Chat has helped me maintain my friendships. 

Timmy picked me up in Ann Arbor and showed me around his new town. Downtown Ann Arbor is very cute and really pretty "granola." I don't think I've ever seen so many plaid t-shirts per square foot. We went to a completely vegetarian restaurant with many vegan and locally-grown options. Yum. 

We saw a show on campus, and I was wowed by some of those kids at U of Michigan. They've got talent, and they are so young! Sometimes I wonder where I'd be in my career right now if I went to such a comprehensive program as Michigan's.....

...but I digress. The next day we performed in downtown Detroit in Music Hall. I awoke to a loud raucous outside of my window. Hearing negative things about safety in Detroit, I assumed it was a riot. Turns out the football stadium was directly across from the hotel. Go figure. 

After the show we had a Q&A session, where they bring the cast out on stage to answer questions from the audience. All the little ones were so squirmy, with their hands raised high with questions. It was especially funny to look out at the audience and see all the wigglers, with Tim sitting square in the middle of the theater, looking out of place, a grown adult going to a kid's show alone. 

Comments

Popular Posts