Healthy Eats - NYC



New York City is a place for true foodies and those of us trying to eat healthily. There are vegan and organic options everywhere. Some late night munchies had me at the hotel vending machine, and my only options were granola bars and other all natural snacks, a far cry from mainstream potato chips and pop tarts. Staying in the Chelsea neighborhood, there is no shortage of fresh, delicious, and even vegan food. Feeling a little heavy from all the restaurant and snack food lately, I jumped at any place that advertised natural or vegan cuisine.

I finally tried Brooklyn Bagels; and it was as delicious as everyone says it is. There was an overwhelming amount of selection with every type of cream cheese imaginable. I found a truly unique bagel  - whole wheat everything bagel with tofu veggie cream cheese.




Right next to our hotel was a great little hole in the wall called The Loving Hut on 7th Ave and 29th St. An all vegan cuisine restaurant, there was so much to choose from. The mac and cheese caught my eye (all vegan, no actual dairy), but I settled on a homemade veggie burger with avocado spread on a whole wheat bun.

Holy cow, this was probably the best veggie burger I have ever had. I am guilty of eating there several times over our week in Manhattan

The theater was in SoHo, which is a neighborhood that I haven't fully explored. One of my favorite haunts was Think Coffee, an organic coffee shop with tons of tables and outlets. A great environment to hunker down and get some work done.

I stopped in a little Italian cafe, and felt like I was back in Lucca. Fresh Mozzarella and Tuna on a fresh chiabata bun...drool.

Now we are back on the road, back to chain restaurant eating. The good news - only two weeks until we are home! I can't wait to cook for myself again and essentially go through junk food detox.

Comments

Popular Posts