Closing and Opening

The crazy bunch of peeps who have become my traveling family. Yes, that's a giant bra. 

One of the most essential elements of a career in the arts is being able to effectively handle transitions. Frequent transitions.

You don't hold any one job for more than a few months. Your life is constantly churning new projects, scenery, cities, homes, friends, coworkers, and characters in and out of rotation.

I'm excited by potential and unseen opportunities, although it has been wonderful to stop the cycle on one project for four months and not worry about auditioning, money, and all the responsibilities of paying rent and living a "regular" life. Instead of all that adult stuff, I've been playing onstage (my favorite).

The tour I was just a part of has come to its natural end.  While I have an exciting project to look forward to later in 2012, I am looking at seven weeks of potential non-artistic employment. I've been spoiled rotten these last few months, waking up every morning to a show and coworkers that I adore. Now re-starts the daily grind of preparing for auditions, actual auditioning, and then waiting for phone calls.

While I'm sad to see the last chapter of my life close, I think its prepared me for the next chapter. I'm refreshed and and re-energized, ready to go out in the storm of NYC auditions. Audition season starts now!

Comments

  1. So how do you go about finding auditions in NYC? Do you have an agent who tells you what you should go for, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! "Open call" NYC auditions are posted across several websites that advertise the auditions like they are job listings. Agents help you get into auditions that are closed to the general public.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts