A Day in the Life


I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite parts of the show - getting ready!

In the picture above you'll see my makeup station, with my essentials numbered with a bubble next to them.

(1) My makeup bag. I use mostly Mac products because of their long-lasting nature, and they don't clog my pores. My makeup is light enough for this show that I'll usually wear it for the rest of the day.

(2) Makeup brushes, deodorant, and hairspray.

(3) An "I <3 NYC" snow globe that my friend Shannon gave me as a going away gift for tour, to remind me to come back to my new home!

(4) Mic tape. The mic is a small, flesh covered piece of wire that loops around my left ear and lands a few inches from my mouth. I pin it in place with some clear surgical tape to keep it in the best acoustical place on my jaw.

(5) My weave(s). My hair for this show is in a 60's style headband-pouf with a curly bun. I pin the sock-like "rat-pieces" under my hair, and then pull the remaining pieces over and secure with a bobby pin, to create the bump look without teasing my hair. I pull the leftover hair into a bun and place a curly piece around it for polish. It gives me at least 2 inches to help me look more "Mom-like" against my co-worker, Tia, who plays my toddler. We are about the same height, pre-hair and pre-four-inch-wedges.

(6) One of my favorite parts of my station - note cards and mementos from my coworkers. For Christmas, Tia took some fan artwork and placed it on magnets. I can't wait to put these on my fridge at home.

(7) Sudoku to play during breaks and down time. My goal is to finish the book by the end of the run.

(8) Water and a snack to keep me going between shows.

(9) Toilet paper for last minute lipstick blotting and touch ups.

(10) A piece of artwork given to me by a little girl named Bridget from our last stop in New Jersey. This helps me remember that the show is all about spreading joy to the little ones.



Hope you enjoyed my dressing room tour!

*True Story: Yesterday during the show, after the opening number, I realized that I didn't have the curly hair piece on. I thought my weave fell off on stage. It looks a bit like roadkill when it is out of context and on the floor, which could potentially be horrifying/hilarious to children. In actuality, I forgot to put it on, but I did have great pleasure in telling my coworkers, "My weave fell off!"*

Comments

Popular Posts