Shortest MBA Program Ever: Pt II

If the first day of class was about defining our goals and our product, then the second day was how to efficiently organize and sell ourselves.
One of the exercises was about tracking and organizing your finances. I've made budgets before on Mint.com but never seem to keep up with them.. Its time for me to think about how much I am bringing in vs. how much I am letting out.

This is especially important as I'm *hopefully* going back to school in the fall, and taking as many classes and private voice lessons as I can. I'm in the process of setting up an acting budget, where I set aside $X per week to spend on my career.

The class also opened my eyes to the power of mailings. I've submitted before and sent thank you cards, but not consistently. I'm considering a total overhaul of my "mailing-technique."

There are so many things on my to-do list (which is efficiently organize now), that I'm living on the corner of Go Get It Done and Overwhelming.

I'm taking it slow; slowly implementing all the great tricks I learned from this weekend. Hopefully six months from now I'll be a brand-centric, marketing machine!

I highly recommend this class, espcially if you feel lost when it comes to the business end of a creative profession.

Comments

Popular Posts