Actor Hustle - Shiny New Marketing Materials



I am constantly updating my marketing materials, because as an actor, they change anytime I join a new union, get new headshots or re-market myself. I have boxes of unused business cards, postcards and headshots that are collecting dust. I've thought about wrapping birthday presents in my old headshots, or cutting them up into small pieces to make confetti so I can "throw myself" at people. (Joke credit goes to Erin Cronican.)

I've discovered a few really easy and convient websites for creating marketing materials for actors. The first of which is SendOutCards.com, which lets you custom design postcards, greeting cards, and thank you cards; and the kicker is, they mail them for you. They print them and apply postage to your materials, so you never have to wait in line at the post office again! Its equal in price to the postcards I was printing in bulk on PrintsMadeEasy.com, but this saves some hassel. You can custom make each card instead of winding up with a box of 80 unused postcards because you decided to switch your headshot.

You can also create a "campaign," which sends out your materials to a contact list and mails them at a specified date. This is great for contacting industry people because you can set up your campaign in advance and schedule multiple mailings at a time. Remarkable stuff. Plus, handwriting on postcards can get smeary and sloppy; I'm happy to streamline my marketing. 

Like my cards? Get your own here
Have you been to Klout? Its a neat website that measures your online influence through your social media profiles. Depending on how high your score is, they offer you freebies and incentives in the hopes that you will turn around and tell your friends how great their service is. I got a sweet deal from Moo for a batch of free business cards! I was able to design them with my new primary headshot, and have them match my postcards and website. They have the option of creating half-size business cards which are pretty trendy right now. 

When creating an image for yourself, consistency is key. Look, Ma, I'm using my Marketing degree!

Comments

  1. I love how you say "Brightly" at the end of your postcard note: it goes with the alliteration of your first and last names. Way to be creative and still market yourself as you!

    Thanks for including all the links (and I loved the confetti one by Erin Cronican - I'm going to make this happen soon!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts