Turning Around


One of the benefits to temping as a receptionist is having free time throughout the day. As long as my office duties are finished, I try to spend the rest of my desk time to submit to projects and fill my calendar with auditions.

I used to feel ambivalent about emailing my headshot and resume directly to producers for consideration. Not only does it take time to do the research and write a cover letter; you get feedback so infrequently. This was a lucky week.

Not only did I book invited audition appointments for two musicals, I was asked to be in a book trailer and to sing in a cabaret!

I've been feeling a little blue lately; having my awesome experience in Bahrain over, and nothing on the horizon to remind me that I am a working actor. I guess it took a little elbow grease to get the wheels turning again.

Today's book trailer was like a short commercial for a soon-to-be-released young adult novel. I am assuming it will be used for online promotions. I was in a group of "angels" watching the protagonists from afar. Looking forward to seeing the final cut.

In May I've been asked to sing in a "Cranky Cabaret," which is a concert setting of songs, all along the theme of being cranky. I'll get to sing 2-3 songs and have some terrific exposure. This will be my first NYC credit......and that I'm super excited about.

Looks like things are slowly turning around.

Comments

Popular Posts