Decisions, Decisions



Hey there, I've fallen off the bloggin-wagon and can't get up.

I am happy to say that I've taken the leap and put a down payment for school. I'm attending a one-year acting conservatory program based in NYC. The program is capped at 14 students, and is 9-1p, M-F. I was drawn to this program because of its performance semester. Not only do we do two small productions, there is also an agent showcase at the end of the second semester. This curriculum fills in most of my training gaps, and I'm so relieved to have finally made a decision.

Not knowing when your next gig will be is very emotionally challenging. When something is on the horizon, its easier to relax, but when its just a grand expanse of endless auditions, its hard to stay focused on moving forward. After attending half a dozen auditions where I left and felt, "Wow, I did my best. I'm gonna book this one," and then didn't book a single thing, I started objectively analyzing my skill set. I need this training. I will give it 110% and will emerge a stronger artist.

Its an investment in time and money that I don't take lightly. Since I'll be in school from September-May, I'm essentially "taking off" of auditioning until next spring. I can't lie - It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I can take time and focus on learning and growing, instead of worrying about what is coming up next.

Without constant auditioning, what's a girl to do? I plan on taking the next few months to a.) save up lots of money and b.) take time for myself. I want to explore more New York neighborhoods, make new friends, and enjoy this summer in New York.

Comments

Popular Posts