Northern Bound

I made it! It is unrealistically beautiful here, and I have a lot to tell you! I'll start with the drive.


After a very long car ride, we arrived in Stonington late Monday night. At the four-hour mark of our journey, we stopped in Cambridge, MA for lunch. I've been to Boston several times, but never to Harvard Yard.


Harvard Square has a majestic and historical feeling to it, which is contrasted by the college students in yoga pants.


As we entered Maine, I saw some signs for Moose Crossing. At first I thought it was funny, and then realized, that no, it is not a joke.


After another four hours, we reached the Bangor airport where we picked up our ASM. We switched vehicles to the company van, which is similar to the large Chevy van I drove on tour. I felt instantly at home behind the wheel.

We still had another 60 miles to go from the Bangor airport to Deer Isle. At this point it was getting late, and the roads became dark and narrow. Going over a bridge with no street lights was a little scary!

After 14 hours on the road, we reached out destination at about 10pm. There are three of us sharing a gorgeous, five bedroom house.  At first my ears were ringing from the lack of noise. It is absolutely silent and pitch black at night. No traffic, no dump trucks; just the sound of the wind rustling through the 32 acres of forest in our backyard.

Comments

Popular Posts