Finding Joy

{Photo via Michael Yeshion}

My approach to the last few months has been to find the joy. Take a look at whatever situation you are in, and focus on the parts that make you feel good. Take the negative and massage it out - work to resolve or restructure, but ultimately, if things are weighing you down or detracting from your self-worth, let them go. Find the joy.

Our only control over life is what is happening in the current moment, and in that moment, I choose joy. I have spent so many years second guessing myself and swallowing hurt and unvoiced feelings that I simply don't have the patience for it anymore. Welcome to cliche-city, but its true. Life is short. Be happy. Choose happiness.

As my body work teacher says, "Take control of your power. Don't give it away."

My classes have been an excellent exercise in recognizing myself, what I need, who I am, what I'm feeling. We did a beautiful meditation exercise in which the teacher had us repeat in a quiet voice to ourselves -

"I am a talented and unique artist and I learn from every situation. I like and accept myself exactly as I am."

Yes.

YES!

I am learning to take care of myself and it informs my life as a person and an artist.

Acting is such great therapy.

Comments

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr1iYH9nbyw

    ^ that's all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts