Ehi, basta.

It is HOT here. Probably about 85 degrees, with moderate humidity. Almost overnight the weather turned and now its kind of ridiculous. Its honestly not as bad as D.C. humidity, but during midday, the air does not move, and the sun is bright, and well - on a bad day, I want to die. I took a nap today from 2-4pm, and woke up because I was too hot and was absolutely covered in sweat. My allergies are acting up, but after a weekend of vocal rest, I think most of my fatigue is going away, and now I just need to cope with getting around these allergies. I got moved to the concert on Thursday, so I have a few extra days to recover and figure out how to deal.

I tried to buy a fan today, but couldn't find an extension chord to get it to reach my bed. What cruel irony.

I'm also loosing weight, I think rather quickly. It may be a combo of me just not liking Italian food (Sorry! I just don't like pasta or bread that much!!!!), walking every day, and sweating my brains out. I think I've lost 3-4 pounds, I can see it in my face and in my arms. Which is why I'm eating a gelato RIGHT NOW as I'm typing this.

My Italian cell works! Hurray! Call me if you want to/need me/miss me/want to spend the money on it. Also, I have skype! A good time for me to Skype is typically around 4pm, D.C. time, which is 10pm Lucca time. Email me to set up a date!!!

My language skills are improving so much here, I'm amazed. What I learned a few years ago in Italian104 are coming back to me, and the class here is reinforcing it, in a conversational-based way, which means I'm actually learning it instead of just memorizing grammar rules from a textbook. I'm actually excited to be learning the past tense next week so I can express myself a little bit better. I was able to have a nice conversation with my Italian music coach today. In between my broken Italian, and his broken English, I got to know him a little bit better. I felt rather proud of myself.

Comments

  1. Hi sweetie -
    Just got in from RI and caught up with your reports. Don't let them push you further/faster than you are comfortable. Your voice will grow but let it grow in increments, not leaps. Rmember, use your AIR, not your throat, technique will never fail you, keep your body strong, rested and healthy - your voice is not your throat, it is your muscles in your torso, DON'T COMPROMISE THE EQUIPMENT!, shortcuts will only hurt you. COntinue to learn and grow and have FUN - I am so ENVIOUS!
    love and love~a

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts