Ups and downs

Some weeks can just be bi-polar in this career field. One day you are on top of the world, the next, you are just begging for some sign that you are meant to be doing what you are doing. Yeesh.

The other day I had an audition that quickly turned into a...career consultation? Not sure how to put it. Basically, in "opera land," I'm going east, when I was meaning to go west. My constant struggle with the classical community continues - no matter how under prepared I am, people still seem to like my voice and acknowledge it, but also point out the huge, vast marathon that I have yet to travel before I can be even remotely successful. Its exhausting to even think about. 

But today I made the choice to at least turn the car around. I went to the library, checked out all new repertoire (practically), and I'm going to do my best to learn new audition songs that are more "appropriate" for my "voice" according to all the mysterious and unwritten cultural opera rules passed down from God to Moses, apparently. Whatever. 

This week is bound to be epic. One audition every day. And I am so-freakin-tired-right-now. 

Tangent: tvshack.net is amazing for watching pirated movies. I've already watched The Reader  and Slumdog Millionaire.


Comments

Popular Posts