A new chapter

One of my many favorite aspects of this show has been the intimate, 150-200 seat theater (depending on the butt-size of the audience), and my ability to watch people's reaction to the show...and especially...to overhear the children's commentary.

Some favorites...

- When I run onstage with a ridiculous basket on my head filled with bread
"She's crazy - I like her."

- First cast entrance -
"Mommy, is that one the princess?"

- "Who would want to dance with an ugly, clumsy, stupid boy like me?" -
"HAHAHA"

I feel like I just auditioned for this show yesterday (that was in February...maybe I should get my head checked), and now 60+ shows later, we are on our final day tomorrow. This theater has been a warm, welcoming, and fun place to work. It has felt like home. A great first job after graduation! I will miss it there, and really hope to land a spot in their upcoming season (The Red Balloon or If You Give a Pig a Pancake are the shows I've got my eye on.)

2 more shows of SN tomorrow - then turning the car towards Kentucky! I'll be making a pit stop overnight in Ohio, and then ready for my first rehearsal of Romeo & Juliet on Monday afternoon.

Okay...maybe at this point I can admit that this was an ambitious schedule...but hey...there is no time like the present, right?

(Oy vey.)

Comments

Popular Posts