Unbridled Spirit

I am here....hallelujah!

The drive here was nothing short of a self-discovery process. I left Glen Echo, MD after finishing the final two shows of SN, and made a bee-line for Columbus, OH, where I spent the night at a friend's house. The first leg of my journey was about 7 hours, which is the longest I have ever driven by myself. It really was okay, but by the end of it, I was getting sort of antsy and starting to talk to myself, so I was pretty happy to see a familiar face.

Leaving Columbus at 8am, I arrived in Louisville around noon. All-in-all, a 10hour car journey. Found out that my car gets about 36 mi/gal on the highway, and to my utmost surprise, the car did not breakdown or give me any trouble at all. Before my drive, I kept having these nightmares about my car breaking down on the hills of West Virginia and me having to sleep in a truck stop.

As soon as I arrived, I was thrust into a flurry of activity. Lots of paperwork and keys being given to me. I immediately went to the costume shop for a fitting, then off to rehearsal for the pre-show (which is tomorrow, apparently) and then a dance rehearsal, and then another meeting. Finally, around 5:30pm, I had time to unpack and have some time to myself. I'm looking forward to dinner with my friend Sarah (who I met last year in Italy), who lives in Louisville, in about an hour.

There are 5 of us total in the intern company. I can tell we are going to be fast friends...I feel like I've been here a week already!


Comments

Popular Posts