I feel the travel itch again

An ad in the Washington Post today introduced me to airbnb.com, a website that people use to rent out their homes to complete strangers. I suppose its not a new idea, but its a much nicer website than craigslist, and its really cool to look at pictures of people's houses. Also a good idea to pay the rent, if you are comfortable having borders in your house (or if you have your own house but at this moment in my life I don't, so I don't even know why I'm thinking like this...)

Also discovered couchsurfing.com, which is an internet community dedicated to uniting people looking to crash with people who have, well, couches available. Amazing! Locations all over the world. If you are brave enough, a whole new world of cheap traveling possibilities awaits.

Just finished reading I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloan Crosley. Hysterical. One of the funnier books I've read lately. Its a collection of non-fiction essays about the small but funny things in her life. I was chuckling to myself while reading.

Next on the reading-binge-summer-'09 docket is The Time Traveler's Wife. I know, I know, I still haven't read it. I'm slow to come around, sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts