New Resources!

**Attention artists trying to have a career (or people curious about how artists go about having careers)**

I've discovered two fantastic blogs this week.

1.) The Wolf Trap Opera Blog has been posting a self-proclaimed "Audition Mini-Course" on best practices, how to go about finding programs, networking, current debates in the field etc. Very very interesting and informative, especially for myself. I've worked the Theater beat, but I'm new to the Classical circuit.

And through the Wolf Trap blog I've found...

2.) Seth Godin, today's leading Marketing blogger. I found his post on The Hierarchy of Success to be especially applicable to the life of a performer (thanks again, Wolf Trap for pointing this out). According to Mr. Godin, in order to achieve success, you must consider this order. If something isn't working, defer to the item before it and reevaluate.
  1. Attitude
  2. Approach
  3. Goals
  4. Strategy
  5. Tactics
  6. Execution
It all starts with a positive attitude.

Comments

Popular Posts