Snowmageddon is following me

Seriously?

On three inches of snow, Ft. Worth, Texas is shutting down. Schools closed early today and are closed for tomorrow, both of our shows were cancelled, and as of 5:30pm the local news reported 175 accidents. Three inches of snow!

People are driving like maniacs....speeding and not leaving and following distance. Apparently it hardly ever snows here. I overheard a local saying they didn't even own a snow shovel. The hotel did not shovel it's sidewalks and the roads are extremely slippery. I suppose thats also because they never have to salt and sand the roads.

To all my Marylanders - I feel your pain. I am also snowed in. Although its just 3 inches of snow, there is no where for me to go and nothing for me to do. I've been steadily working my way through the second season of Mad Men, and trying to make plans for when I come home in 3 weeks. Only 18 shows left.

I am so excited to come home. I'm looking for either a studio or a two bedroom apartment with a roommate in DC/Trendy Montgomery County/Maybe Northern VA. Something around or under $800. (I know its possible!) Any suggestions? Anyone want to be my roommate? :)

Comments

  1. 3 inches? Try 3 FEET Texas? haha they aren't used to it though!

    Let me know if you find anything reasonable ($1000 or less) in DC. I'm really set on moving into the city and hey, maybe if you don't find anything by May or later, it would even work out for us to be roomies! But keep me updated -- we could poss at least end up in the same building or something and I've done zero searching.

    Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed a tiny bit here and people started driving 10 MPH, but Nashville drivers are the worst anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts