Where did the week go?

My new part time job as a banquet server is kicking my ass. I worked about 20 hours last week, serving h'orderves, tables, clearing dishes, etc. I have a newfound respect for the food service industry and a newfound obsession with insole inserts. After being on your feet for 5 hours, carrying a heavy sterling silver tray, offering crabcake-poppers to rich over-eaters has me exhausted within an inch of my body. Its an alright job; flexible hours, a great staff, and gives me an excuse to go to D.C. I've worked some pretty posh places this week. I am hoping that I'll loose some weight and tone up for the summer, but the caterers usually let us scavenge the left overs after the guests have been served. Thats one way to counteract all this exercise I've been getting! Last night I had pistachio encrusted halibut, with a potato puree, and asparagus, with a chocolate gelee for desert. Yum yum yum.

In the mix of this new job that has me traveling all over D.C., its still audition season! Someone put me out of my misery now. I've been preparing for an "athletic ballet combination" that is tomorrow. Eek. I managed to squeeze in one jazz class and two ballet classes to mentally and physically prepare myself, but I am not very optimistic about this one. I am just praying that I find the personal strength to not get so mortified that I give up (i.e. the norm).

I'm on a personal mission to improve my dance skills this summer. If anything, this dance call has been a great motivator for me to get my ass in class and get moving-and-shaking. I tried out the Joy of Motion studios in Bethesda and Friendship Heights for the first time this week - and I liked it a lot! I am going to do this and become an improved performer. Maybe not in time for tomorrow's audition, but it will happen, just you wait.

Comments

Popular Posts