Eggplant Parmesan Rounds


First of all, let me say that I hate going to the grocery store. This extreme laziness is turning into a positive - I'm learning to get more creative in the kitchen with whatever I have laying around.

Eggplant Rounds

1 eggplant, cut in medallions
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
Shredded cheese
1 egg white
breadcrumbs
basil
olive oil

Start by prepping eggplant. Slice into medallions and salt on each side to reduce bitterness and extract extra liquid. Set aside in sink for 30 minutes.

Heat oven to 400. Rinse salt off eggplant thoroughly. Dry. Coat eggplant in egg white and then dip in breadcrumbs. Top with thin slice of onion, slice of tomato. Garnish with whatever shredded cheese you've got laying around and basil to taste. Drizzle olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.

E voila!

Eggplant is tender with some crunchy outside texture. Onion caramelizes in baking process and is very sweet, topped with lovely flavor and texture from roasted tomato. Mmm.

One small/medium eggplant is enough for two meals.

I had breakfast today at Le Pain Quotidien and almost fell off my rocker when I tried their praline spread. It tastes like the inside of a Ferrero Rocher. Delicious on bread, fruit, crackers....spoons....

(So yummy a bought a jar! Lets see how long it lasts...)

Comments

Popular Posts