Early Morning Singing Song

The KC @ night
How beautiful is this place? Last night I scored a discount ticket to see the National Tour of Hair at the KC. I'd say it was pretty good - one of the better touring shows I've seen lately. The show felt more like a rock concert than anything else, with a few awkward transitions, but the performances were strong overall.

Yes, they were briefly nude at the end of the first act. Here's my quip with that - for a show about hair, and freedom, they didn't have much hair, if you get my drift. If you are a vagrant teenager living on the street, tripping on acid, do you really have time or money for a monthly wax? Just saying.

This morning I went for my first ever "go-see," for an upcoming print ad with Capital One. I thought the director would be there, maybe take a few test shots; so I dressed simply and smartly, had fresh hair and makeup, and was prepared with all the advice Tyra's ever given me. Turns out, it was like any other commercial casting at the agency. The casting intern took a few still shots with the regular movie camera, and that was it. In and out in 5 minutes.

I think my love for America's Next Top Model seeped into my imagination and heightened my expectations for this audition. Either way, I hope they like my look and book me. Would be a fabulous job and addition to my modeling resume!

Comments

Popular Posts