Chestnuts roasting...

The holidays are great for getting out and seeing some theater! So many comp tickets have been floating my way lately. I saw the Nutcracker for the first time, as performed by the Moscow Ballet. I've seen clips of Nutcracker on PBS, but have not been to a ballet in my adult life. I was very moved and inspired by the dancers; even though it was a classic Christmas ballet. Their athleticism and artistry was incredible to see. I'm going to make an effort to see more dance.

I saw Sunset Boulevard at the Signature Theater last weekend; and let me tell you, Flo Lacey is a force of nature. She is best known for her creation of Eva Peron on Broadway. If she doesn't move you to tears...well...you have a cold cold heart. It was a great production.

My own show closes tomorrow. I am sad to see it go; especially as I'm just getting comfortable with the schedule and getting to know my co-workers better. That's just the nature of acting or any contract work, really, a few months in one place and then onto the next thing.

Usually this time of year I'm up to my neck in Christmas work, but mysteriously, my schedule has remained wide open. I heard of a potential job tonight, so we'll see how it pans out. It just wouldn't be Christmas without singing a few carols and a lil' bit of Messiah. I've actually taken to listening to the classical radio station lately to get my choir music fix.

Thats basically the December update! Happy holidays.

<3, B

Comments

Popular Posts