The Singing Chef

Broccoli slaw...minus the slaw. WTF is slaw anyways?
New Year, new time to reconsider your health! I don't do well with resolutions, and knowing this in advance, joined the gym in December. I've been trying to go 3-4 times a week, and dare I say that I'm enjoying myself? I've rediscovered my love of step aerobics. Its just me and the older ladies of the neighborhood, stepping it out. Like my instructor said, "Once you love step, you love it for life." My grandmother loves Jazzercise, maybe it runs in the family?

January marks 6 months since I've been pescetarian! I'm having a physical done this week, and I can't wait to see how my bloodwork has changed in the past year. I used to have low blood pressure and high cholesterol. I know that now my resting heart rate is much improved...and I can feel the difference day to day. I used to huff and puff even 10 minutes on the treadmill. Today I ran 20 minutes with relative ease. I'm starting to feel more in control of my own body and physical power, which is exciting. 

Its been a while since I've posted a recipe. I've been thinking a lot about what to focus this blog on, and there are two subjects that I feel strongly about: performance and learning about healthful living. What do you think? The Singing Chef? The Artsy-Farter? The two may seem random, but each informs the other. 

My healthier diet is making my mind more aware and is connecting me deeper to my body. I'm finding myself more motivated and less sluggish. My skin is clearing up, and I feel my body shape slooooowly starting to change. My weight has stayed pretty static, but I think my waist is getting smaller.....stay tuned, I suppose. 

My creativity inspires my cooking! I never knew I could have so much fun in the kitchen. Feeling zesty? Red pepper! Feeling saucy? Food processor! I generally dislike the grocery store, and wait for the zen spirits of Shopping to guide me in my weekly purchases. Through the week I learn to make delicious food from what I have lying around. Dude, its super fun, and a super surprising new hobby. 

So let me throw this out to you, my blogofriends. Do you like seeing food/health entries?

Comments

Popular Posts