Dreams + Schemes

3 bucks, 2 bags, 1 me...
I'm moving to NYC. 

This is a big decision that I've been turning over and over for the past year. I plan to keep active in DC with auditions, shows, and regular visits, but I want to put myself at the saturation point of daily opportunity. In a nutshell; its time to kick it up a notch.

The Washington, D.C. metropolitan area has been my home my entire life. I was born, raised, schooled, and now have embarked on my independent adult life all within a 25 mile radius. This is where my family and friends live, where my professional contacts are, and where everyone who loves me and everything safe and familiar is located.

This may seem a bit ridiculous that I would want to go elsewhere, but I have a nagging gut feeling that I will not achieve what I want to achieve from my life by sitting still in a safe place. I am comfortable here. I love it here. But I need to give myself a jolt of the unknown.

I had a college professor that told me she would "push me out of my box, no matter how painful it would be," and I am thankful for that shove, because it helped me grow tremendously as a performer and a person.

It is my hope that a change of scenery will be the push out of my comfort zone that I need to help me grow in the next phase of my career and my adulthood.

Also - how can you be on Broadway, if you don't live near Broadway? :)

If I get a job in DC, I'll come running home in a jiffy, but my new focus will be on gaining theatrical experience in New York City, all in the mindset of achieving my life-long goal.

Did you know that gypsy blood runs in my family?

Comments

Popular Posts