I Smell Wabbits...

Today I'll be taking the bus to New York for the fifth time this year. The first four times I went with a big duffle bag, and hauled it around the city, going into auditions with a bag of all my possessions, like I was homeless. This time, I'm looking for my temporary home in New York. Its sublet-huntin' time!

Up on the docket are five available rooms, all ranging in neighborhood, rent, and furniture situation. Because apartments come and go on the market so quickly, and my future plans are so liquid, I'm just looking to rent month-to-month, and bring as little as possible. As if that song from Annie could be any more spot on, "Three bucks, two bags, one me; its NYC."

Except I'll be bringing more than three bucks.

I'll be hoofing it in Astoria, Sunnyside, Cobble Hill, and Bushwick. My shoes will have a few miles on them by the time I get home.

On Saturday I have an audition appointment for an educational summer opera program that is 100% tuition free! They received a grant and are offering full scholarships to all the participants. However, all day yesterday and last night a cough has been settling into my chest. Its not bad enough to keep me from the apartment search (a necessity), but it may put my high B-flats into hibernation for the weekend. We will see.

Follow me on twitter for live tweets through the weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts