All Roads Lead to NYC

In the twelve days that I've lived here, I've reconnected with several friends from various paths of my past. Turns out we all live in New York.

I was finally reunited with a friend from college, who I had not seen in probably two years.


Thumb/flash blockage!

Recently I met up with Liz at the St. Patrick's day parade, who I met while traveling in Israel in 2008.

I've hung out a few times with Nate, who is also a DC-raised actor, who moved to NYC a few years ago. Usually I only see him when he is visiting home from New York, but now that I live here, we've been hanging out more often.


Astoria Blvd Train Station


Perhaps the biggest surprise came when I posted a picture to Facebook of my neighborhood, to get an immediate response from someone that said, "That's my neighborhood, too!" She and I both participated in the Kentucky Shakespeare Festival back in 2009, and now we live about a mile away from each other.




And there are still more old friends to be reunited with. Each time I meet an old friend, I meet two new acquaintances in the process.  I'm so happy to be building a network.

You know the saying, "It's a small world?" Well in New York its even smaller. I feel like all roads lead to New York. Where else can I find a friend from college, Israel, and Kentucky all in the same place?

Comments

Popular Posts