Bye-Bye-Bethesda


Nine months in my Bethesda apartment have gone by so fast. I could have had a baby in that time!

On February 1, we were given the go-ahead by our management office to move by February 28th. In that time, I successfully sold all of my furniture on Craigslist, except for my bed. Every. Single. Piece.

I had furnished this apartment with used and hand-me-down furniture from friends and family. While the pieces were well-loved and much appreciated, the unfortunate bed-bug situation as well as a move to New York has forced a serious downsize. Craigslist was monumental in helping me move my largest items.

This was my first time Craigslisting, and I can say with confidence, that no one was sketchy or creepy. I loved this furniture, and I am happy to know that my pieces went to nice people.

I listed a couch for free, and within 24 hours, I had over twenty offers! This saved me at least $500 in moving costs.

I also had several items that I had no use for, such as old placemats, broken tap filters, etc. Through Freecycle, I was able to pass these items onto folks in my community. This not only kept the items out of the landfill, but provided a gift to a stranger. I hope this will supply me with some extra Karma on my upcoming move.

It was so weird to see my apartment completely empty. We are all moved out. In 28 days I moved everything out of my apartment, found a new apartment, and am preparing to shift my life to a brand new city.

Comments

Popular Posts