Speed Typing 20 GPM (girls per minute)


Today is one of those rainy, crappy days when I cannot help snoozling (snuggling under the covers and hitting the snooze alarm).

I flung myself out into the day to attend the Chorus Call for the Broadway Revival of On A Clear Day You Can See Forever. Yea, me and 150 other women.

In order to cut back on the vast quantities of auditionees, they started the day with type casting. This is the speed dating equivalent of auditioning. They line us up at lightening speed, and the director takes a glance at us and sorts our resumes in two piles. If they like you based on your "look," then you can stay and audition for them. If not; back to the rainy day you go.

They gave me the quickest, most cursory look, and put me in the "no" pile.

REALLY?


There is no way I can know what they were looking for or even begin to speculate on why they didn't choose me, but I can say I was thankful not to have to wait around until 1pm to sing since they had already negatively judged me based on my look.

Lesson learned: wake up earlier and do hair and makeup before you arrive to audition studio. Since wait times can be long, many girls throw their curlers and makeup in their bags and do themselves up in the waiting room. In today's situation, there was no time for any of that. I am thankful that I did my makeup before I left the house today!

Comments

Popular Posts