New Headshots....for the last time, promise.

Checked something off my list today; getting new theater headshots that can stand up to the New York competition.

I met up with talented Ronnie Nelson, who is conveniently located a mile away from me in Astoria. A friend of a friend; I was impressed with his usage of natural light and how everyone's natural character really "pops" in their headshots. Very important in a good quality shot.

I've had a lot of headshots in the past, from some very talented photogs. However, now that I'm a little older, I now have a better idea how to market myself and what type of photo I wanted. I knew I wanted a clean, classic shot, with minimal makeup that showed a bit of my personality. As soon as I saw Ronnie's work, I knew I wanted to work with him.

Inspired by my Access to Agent's class to get new headshots before I audition for a panel of agents in a few weeks, he was able to squeeze me in on short notice. We had a glorious day today and got a wide array of shots. About 900 frames, to be exact.


He was able to give me a 4 hour turn around on one photo to submit to the agents, per my request. What a sweetheart! This may not end up being my Number One Shot, but it will certainly do nicely for next week.

As my makeup was being done, the photographer's girlfriend was making some vintage-style headbands. They started talking about taking a few test-shot frames so that she can market them at an upcoming craft fair. The result?




Only the funnest game of dress-up, ever.

Comments

  1. I *love* that top shot! Maybe my favorite you've had!

    The bottom two are hysterical. You're like a little girl playing with her mom's clothes for dress-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, E! Yes, that's basically what it was. All I needed was some heels five-sizes-too-big-for-me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the vintage ones. I am actually getting ready to do a shoot with my best friend-and-photographer based on a collection of Ziegfeld Follies' portraits from the 20s. Very glamorous, very fabulous--and there is one similar to that second shot of you.

    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/3774765695_8590071db9.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts