Fresh & Local Menu @ Silver Diner


To my great delight, I was shocked to find the newly revamped Fresh & Local Menu at my local Silver Diner. They are now purchasing (and advertising) their produce locally, and in the front insert of their menu list their suppliers, i.e., local farms. 

They boast "Farm Fresh Eggs" and "All Natural Milk" from farms in Pennsylvania, and local meat products from Maryland and Virginia. Although I can't know exactly how farm fresh or all natural their ingredients are, it did boost my consumer confidence that this local chain is buying produce locally and promoting healthier menu options. 

When I think of the Silver Diner, I think of cholesterol laden french toast and hash browns, not Mango Vegetarian Stir Fry. Knowing that their menu is rich with ethically local, vegetarian, and health conscious options will steer me towards the Silver Diner more often in the future. 

Comments

Popular Posts