Odd Audition = Longest Day Ever

Can you spot the Empire State Building in the distance?

The speed of my life is picking up. What has only really been two days feels like an entire week in itself.

On Monday morning I attended the Actor's Equity Access to Agents audition. The only catch - you have to sign up at 8:30am.

Luckily I had trouble sleeping on Sunday night, so when I woke up at 5am, I thought I'd head downtown and be extra-super-early for the sign up to get my preference of appointment times.

Now, just because the sign up officially starts at 8:30am, the line always starts forming a few hours before.


When I arrived at the Actor's Equity building at 6:30am, I was shocked to find about 20 people waiting in line ahead of me. This was a serious camping-out situation.

When the breakdown advertised that the "doors opened at 6:30am" I assumed I'd be waiting inside the lobby. "Doors open at 6:30" means that we had the privilege of sitting outside on the dirty sidewalk until they opened the building at 8am.

I signed up for a 9:40pm audition slot at 8:30am; twelve hours in advance. Does any one else find this a bit extreme?

Why I finally had my chance in the room, I was greeted by some sleepy looking agents. They didn't say hello or respond to my greetings. They silently endured my audition and then I left.

Seriously one of the weirdest auditions I've done.

Comments

  1. Ouch, that does sound like a weird and tiring day. Hopefully you get some good feedback, if you get any at all--it sounds like those agents may or may not have been comatose after 12 hours of auditions. Pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts