Settling in

Moving was a lot easier than I expected. I was dreading the  process of bringing boxes to the car, driving to my new home, unloading the boxes, and carrying them up the steps. When everything was all packed up it looked like so much, but in retrospect, I'm still living pretty lightly these days. Two car loads in my small Civic Coupe, and I was all done! 

Look at all of the metro cards I acquired over my first four months. Want to play cards?
I am in love with my new apartment. Located on a quieter side of Astoria (yes, it's possible), I live on the third floor of a brownstone town house. Right now I'm sitting on the balcony and enjoying the shade while I type this. I have officially been here one week, and have yet to see any of my roommates! They are both teachers and are on vacation until school starts.

I love it.


I've never lived alone before, and I must say I was hesitant to look for a studio. Now that I've basically had this week's vacation of quiet and total privacy, I am hooked.

This is my first day off in about two weeks, and I plan to pre-cook several meals for the upcoming week. Stay tuned for some interesting recipes!

I apologize for my blog-absence. As we all know, life goes through busy times and slow times. I am dedicated to you, my followers! Here's to more frequent blog posts as I'm more adjusted to my new home. 


Also, check out my guest post on Erin's blog, Travel Eat Repeat!

Comments

Popular Posts