And I Was Walking in Nashvegas


Welcome to downtown Nashville, or as some call it fondly, Nashvegas. The downtown area is filled with neon signs and honky tonks. The city is smaller than I imagined, with the busy section stretching about five blocks down one main street. I went by at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon, and the sounds of live music from half a dozen bars mingled on the street. I have been very impressed with the music scene here; I have not heard one bad group.


There have been a lot of events going on in town this weekend. The first day we got here I could feel the city buzzing from the excitement of a football game, a hockey game, and a circus. The clowns were zooming up and down the street in a race car to promote the circus. JWow and Snookie from Jersey Shore were rumored to be in partying in town, but unfortunately, I didn't care enough to go see them.


Lunch was at Jacks BBQ and Grill, one of the most popular BBQ joints in Nashville. I passed on the actual BBQ, but had a delicious plate of sides. Its not so hard to be a vegetarian when the sides are just as delicious as the meat!

Comments

Popular Posts