Oklahoma, Where the Wind Really Does Blow Swiftly Down the Plains

The Oklahoma City Civic Center, with 2477 seats
When you walk into the Oklahoma City Civic Center, you feel like you've entered a theater/stadium hybrid. The seats just keep going back, and back, and back....and then you look up and see three balconies circling the audience area.

Our show sold more than the shows that we were sandwiched in between, outselling both Ben Folds and Paul Simon. We were pretty proud of that.

Our shows were almost at full capacity. The house was so big that you could hear your voice echoing back at you, stadium style. I had fantasies of being Beyonce and singing for thousands of screaming fans. Then I woke up and realized that they were screaming children. I was okay with that.

PS: I felt an earthquake last night! My bed was shaking so much that it woke me up at 2am. I sat straight up in bed, in a sleep-state, and said out loud, "Oh, it must be earthquake," and fell back asleep. Who am I? I've only felt one earthquake before in my life, and that was earlier this year when there was a big quake felt from VA all the way to NY. I woke up unsure if it was a dream or not, and learned there was 4.7 quake just forty miles away. Crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts