Vegan Feast!

Last night I saw a great documentary, Vegucated, on the benefits of going vegan. The documentary follows three New Yorkers on their journey to go vegan over six weeks.



Inspired by the movie, I took out my weekday stress in my kitchen; whipping up a vegan feast!


I found myself temping in an office today. As soon as I start to feel discouraged about my performing career, there is nothing quite like sitting in front of a computer for 9 hours to make you appreciate your life as an artist!

I ravenously tore through the cabinets, and ended up with a red bean/veggie burger creation. Whipping out my one true love, my food processor, I dumped my leftover onions, peppers, and beans and gave it a whirl. After pan-frying the bean patties, I smothered them in soy cheese and sauteed swiss chard, ontop of crusty, multi-grain bread.

Oh, wait, it's not over yet:


Banana bread! Again, just using leftover bananas and flour, plus some mix-ins like apples, raisins, and chocolate chips, I have an entirely vegan cake at my disposal.

I inherited stress baking/cooking from my mother. Now that I've exhausted all my energy in the kitchen, I'm too sleepy to go out tonight :) Just a much-needed night in with my book.

Comments

Popular Posts