The Bunny Goes to Bahrain


The last week has been extremely busy with getting back to rehearsal, catching a few local auditions....and packing!

We are traveling to the Kingdom of Bahrain to be part of the Spring of Culture festival (Andrea Bocelli and 80's rock band Osiris are at the festival right before us. We like to think of them as our warm up act). We are performing in the ancient Arad Fort, which will house a theater with 2,000 seats.

Isn't our above poster cool? I've heard that it is all over the country.

Part of our rehearsal process has included Arabic and culture lessons. I'll be blogging along the way, and look forward to sharing tons of pictures with you! It's bound to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Because we are performing this show in a very different cultural context, there have been a few changes. We are cutting some American slang and jokes that children in another culture may not pick up on. There are no more public showings of affection between Mom and Dad; no hand holding, no kissing on the cheek, etc. This is challenging us to focus on the "heart" of the story. Ultimately it is a story about family, communication, and love which are universal themes.

Disclaimer if you are new to the blog:
*** I am an employee of the Kennedy Center and the expressed views above are purely my own. I do not speak on behalf of the Kennedy Center or the production I am apart of; I am merely sharing my experience and personal point of view.***

Comments

Popular Posts