Getting Savvy


For the past ten days, I've been doing a daily grind of 8-5:30 at an office temp job in Times Square.

Wow, it is way more difficult than I thought to sit in one place for 8+ hours a day! I found my knees and back hurting, and I have a knot in my shoulders from slouching at the computer. The job was easy and the office had some friendly people; but I am always glad to leave. I get a thrill from trying on someone else's life, and if it's not for me, I can always leave it behind and move on. (Hmm....maybe that's why I like being an actor...)

The great thing about simple desk jobs is that you can use the computer to catch up on a lot of your own work. After the Savvy Actor weekend, I had tons of new things I wanted to implement. Perhaps the biggest task was to start "re-branding" myself and creating a consistent image across all my 100,000 online profiles.

I managed to pick a new headshot and implement a new, brighter color scheme across my social media platforms. The website redesign is coming up next. Since that's the biggest project, I've been putting it off for last :)

I created a newsletter to send to my friends, family, and colleagues with a career update using MailChimp (an amazing, free marketing tool!). In the past I've felt a little squishy about blatantly advertising to peoples' in-boxes, but I'm not going to apologize for my accomplishments. I want to let my contacts know that I'm still trucking, and if they don't want to read about it, they can always unsubscribe. I've gotten an overwhelmingly positive response so far, and plan to make this a quarterly thing. (If you'd like to get the newletter, you can sign up here.)

I'm headed back to DC tomorrow for rehearsals, and then the show travels abroad shortly thereafter. Stay tuned to the blog: I plan to keep posting while I'm there!

Comments

Popular Posts