It's Not Easy Being Green

Example of shooting on a green screen {via}

Tonight I filmed a medical product commercial for a new type of back brace. This was a fun experience for me; it was my first time selling a product with some medical jargon. I actually had two pages of text to deliver, which was a welcome challenge. Looking forward to getting the footage and starting my commercial reel!

It was my first experience filming in front of a green screen. The green screen is a tool used in film to merge two images together. One common use of this technique is during the weather report on your local news channel. When the weatherman is filming his segment he is in front of a green screen, but the viewers at home see him superimposed on a weather map.

I have no idea what background they are going to give my footage. I was joking with the crew saying I'd like to be on the beach or in a lush, beautiful field if possible. A back brace advertisement at the circus would also be fun.

The entire filming took less than two hours. Since I was the only actor in the shot, it was over pretty quickly. If the client likes the video, this may be the first of a series of medical how-to/commercial videos. Who knows? I may be coming to a late night infomercial near you.

The city is so beautiful at night. This was taken on my drive home on I-278. 
I recently mailed out a huge batch of head shots and resumes to agents and casting directors. I'm following a regimented 8-week mailing plan to seek representation that I learned from the "Actor MBA" class I took in February. This will be my first organized and aggressive attempt at obtaining representation. I hope to break into commercial and voice over work....that's where the money is!

And I'm getting awfully tired of being a poor actor.

Comments

Popular Posts