Roosevelt Island

My roommate invited me to her family's picnic on Roosevelt Island this past weekend. It was gloriously sunny day, and a perfect excuse to pull out my camera.

Roosevelt Island is a tiny 2-mile long bit of land floating between Queens and Manhattan. This was my first experience visiting this part of New York!


The skyline views are lovely. On one side of the island you've got a view of Manhattan, and from the other side of the island, you can see Astoria (I could spot my Costco from the highway). The island contains mostly residential buildings, with lots of green space bordering the water.


Definitely worth checking out on a sunny afternoon. Quick fact: The island used to contain Blackwell's prison, which once held Billy Holiday for prostitution. Thanks, Wikipedia.


Comments

Popular Posts