Temporary, but With a View

Forever on the hunt for better part-time jobs, I've gone back to temping. I know, I know. I told myself I wouldn't do it anymore, but I've reached a new perspective:

Its temporary. I'm going to school in the fall. Surely I can hold off on feeling bad for myself for the next three months. 

If anything, temping and catering are a great way to get to know the city! Recently I've helped with conference registration and events coordination - which entailed standing around in a suit, looking pretty, and giving people directions. I've seen some spectacular views of New York. 

Penthouse View of Central Park from Le Parker Meridien Hotel.

42 Floors Up - Don't look down!
Looking at Queens across the East River. Hi, Astoria!

A piece of the Berlin Wall at the United Nations.

The Japanese Peace Bell, a gift from Japan to the UN in 1954. Located in a beautiful rose garden on the UN campus. 
Later this week I am temping in an incredible CEO's office, scattered with artwork from the MOMA. If I can't be making art, at least I'll be surrounded by it while I answer the phones!

Comments

Popular Posts