One Semester Down, One to Go

After twelve challenging and productive weeks, I'm finished with my first semester of school. I'm now at the half-way point of my program, and I feel that I've been given some substantial tools for my actor-toolbox.

The semester culminated in a final scene performance for some of the directors of the program. I was assigned a pretty challenging scene from In The Boom Boom Room. My character was so incredibly different that I am; abused, distrusting, frantic, nervous, easily manipulated. It was so much fun to reach so far out of the box.

I've pushed myself. There have been so many mornings where I wanted to sleep in and just skip class. I can be a horrible procrastinator, but I'm doing my best to honor my commitments.

This schooling experience has been so much different than college. I am going to class because I want to be there and am passionate about the information. Finishing an undergrad program was more about getting the degree and multiple-choice testing, whereas this is about absorbing as much practical information as possible. I've always loved learning...but this is different because I've worked hard to be there.

Today was the first Monday morning I didn't need to wake up early, with four hours of acting class to tackle. Its weird and off putting not to have class, although I am looking forward to the break.

Comments

Popular Posts