Quick Update

I've been laying low during my break from school. I contemplated going to some chorus calls...but I just didn't have the heart for it. Instead I've started outlining some concrete goals to achieve by May, so I am ready to hit the ground running once I'm free from school.

- To have three really bitching monologues that I feel confident with and can rock at any audition.

- Clean up and put together my audition book. Fill it with songs that show me off well, and cater to the types of rolls I want to play.

- Clean up my marketing campaigns and really understand what niche I'm selling to.

- Be accepting and confident with my physical appearance.

- Plan and prepare for my one-woman show (which is still happening!).

It is my hope that by the time I have graduated from my program, I will have a solid audition toolbox. In the meantime I'm still working on my skill set and confidence, when it comes to legit acting. I know I'll get there, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the journey.

Someone once told me that a career in acting cannot be end-goal oriented. You've got to focus on the process.

Comments

Popular Posts