Day off

Today was quite a strange day off. Last night after some moping about because I couldn't find anything to do on my day off, I received an invitation to go to Six Flags.

I woke up super-pumped to go today...to the sound of a horrendous thunderstorm. I'm talking thunderclaps so loud that make you jump out of your seat. I had finally found some people willing to do anything fun/productive, and we were rained out? They decided to go anyways, but I stayed back for fear of getting sick.

Later the sun came out and we had a beautiful day. I do not understand nor try to understand the weather here. At home, if it is raining, chances are, its gonna be nasty weather all day. Here, it can be the nastiest storm in the morning and the loveliest picnic weather 2 hours later.

Anyways...I digress. The sun came out and I thought to myself, "Screw this, I'm going to walk to the park by myself and read a book." I get about 5 blocks away from the dorm, and realize that there are A.) No women out at all and B.) A whole lot of crazy/homeless people giving me the eye. I decide to turn around just as some of my fellow interns are driving by. They say, "What the heck are you doing walking down the street?" (because apparently people don't go for walks and enjoy the weather by themselves around here), and they give me a ride back to the dorm. I end up calling my original Six Flags friends, and meeting them at the park.

I spent the greater part of the afternoon/evening at Six Flags, rode every roller coaster, went in the wave pool....etc. I feel 100% better than I did yesterday. I think I needed a healthy dose of Vitamin D and some exercise.

Comments

Popular Posts