Lazy summer

Summer is undoubtedly the slowest time for theater land - especially August. Auditions for summer seasons start as early as the February before in this area, and if you don't have work by April - forget it. Chances are pretty good you are not going to be in a show for the summer time, unless its a fringe show or something like that. Most seasons tend to finish up in early August, so the late August time period is slow, slow, slowwww.

I'm auditioning next week (yes!!) for a show that starts rehearsals in March, 2010. This theater is actually the last one in town that I know of to cast their Spring 2010 show, so I have one last shot at getting a late-spring job once I'm home from my tour. Its a very forward-thinking business, places cast very early in this town, supposedly because of the NYC trickle down. I'm already trying to plan my summer of 2010. Craziness.

Rehearsals for tour start exactly one month from today! I'm feeling very artistically starved right now, and when I get to this point, I'm extremely lazy. Its hard for me to even go into my studio and practice just for the heck of it when there is no pressure, or incentive. I have a little Millennium Stage thing this Tuesday to look forward to and the audition next week...so I'm hoping to kick my butt into gear at some point today.

I can't wait to get my script for CGW! I apparently have a disco number with a pink jumpsuit. I am eagerly awaiting the rest of the details.

Comments

Popular Posts