World of pain

In a very unlikely fit of physical self-improvement, I tagged along with my friend's mother to her 6am boot camp exercise class. I mean, if my friend's MOM can do it, it should be easy, right?

Wrong, very very wrong.

The hour class consisted of us running blocks, followed by jumping on steps to the point of exhaustion, then running around the block again. We did some serious squat-action and leg work on Monday (the one and only day this week of my free-trial that I have utilized). We did this move called the "toilet-seat" where you squat down so your butt touches the step behind you and you get back up immediately. 100 times. We did this 100 times.

I've literally been bed-ridden for a day and a half! I have never experienced such soreness in my life. This is no good. This is way too intense for me. My pride has been hurt and I am humbled by the 71 year old man who ran faster than me. This is okay - I have always known that I was never a prime physical specimen. If this was selection of the fittest, I'd have been a goner years ago.

I'll just stick to walking the dog and the occasional dance class for my physical activity, thanks!

Comments

  1. awww... poor Brittany! My stepmom is a personal trainer and offers a similar bootcamp but I've always been too scared to sign up. Middle-aged women can be surprisingly hardcore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts