Vermont



The view from my hotel window in Burlington, VT

Burlington, Vermont - changing leaves, mountains, Lake Champlain, old mixed with new architecture, all thrown in with two universities (that kind of look like Hogwarts). I've really enjoyed my time here, and I've done so much!

Arrived here on the 31st and went out for Halloween and got a taste of the night life. People here are so nice (and so white! Everything in Vermont should be featured on stuffwhitepeoplelike.com).

The next day we rented a car and drove over the border to Montreal, Canada.

Montreal

We really just walked around downtown for a few hours. I've been there once before, but somehow managed to avoid the downtown area completely. We saw the underground mall, and walked around McGill University's campus, where we saw a small museum (that had a Mummy! I was sort of freaked out by that).

Coming back to Burlington, VT, I spent some time walking around and getting to know the town in the daylight. I saw the waterfront area, which was breathtaking, and I also went on a tour of a chocolate factory. They gave out a lot of free samples - yum. Today we tried to tour a brewery, but the guided tours were closed, so instead they gave us lots of samples. Mmm free beer.


Lake Champlain Waterfront. Across the Lake is New York State.

All in all, Burlington might be one of my favorite stops so far. Its got a laid back feel, and everyone I've met has been warm, welcoming, and has made me feel like had I talked to them for 10 more minutes, they'd invite me over to hang out later. I like it here - probably because its not that cold yet!


Comments

Popular Posts