Part of a legacy


Backstage @ the Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

What a beautiful building with an interesting history. Many famous people such as Elvis, Dolly Parton, BB King, etc have performed here. This house is also the most frequented stop by Broadway tours in the United States. When touring companys come here, they have the option of painting their poster backstage and signing the wall. The backstage hallways are covered in signatures and posters throughout the years. We put our poster up next to a previous KC tour...if you go through the Orpheum, look for my signature!

View from the stage. 3 balconies, white and gold molding and a high white dome ceiling. When the lights go down you see all these little blue exit lights, it took my breath away and it threw my focus during the first show.

Legend has it that the theater is haunted by up to 14 spirits, in particular one ghost named "Mary" who sits in seat C-5. A friend told me he went on a ghost hunt once, and when you take a picture in a haunted place, you see a white circle/blobs on your pictures. Do you see the floating white mark in the upper left hand corner of this picture? There are a few other marks on the picture too. I don't think the lens of my camera is dirty because I haven't seen spots on my other pictures. What do you think?

Drove through Louisiana today. Every road is practically a bridge because there are so many lakes and rivers here. We are also apparently in the KKK capital of the state. Hmm...

Comments

  1. Haha, the first picture look like the history corridor.

    The second picture, I could not have the exact explanation but I think this is the reflection phenomenon of the light bulb inside the theater

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts