Paths

I've been thinking a lot lately about "paths." Whats my path? Where should I go? Where do I want to go now...six months from now...a year from now? Is this is right path?

Its enough to drive you crazy - scratch that - its enough to drive me crazy.

I've always been taught to have a plan in place before executing any major actions. I've been trying to simultaneously formulate several different plans, in the hopes that one of them will pan out. It almost feels like I'm throwing a handful of tea leaves against the wall to see which ones will stick, and then be able to read my future.

I'm waiting for anything to stick. Right now, I don't have anything holding me down. No career enhancing job, no lease, no-nothing. (I have my friends and family of course, but I don't worry about them :) )

One of the "plans" is to study at an acting conservatory over the summer, which may require a move to NYC. Somehow, the idea of moving to New York scares me more than moving to Europe. It would definitely be more fodder for the blog!

The other plan is to work a million part time jobs and get an apartment. Although its been a dream of mine to get an apartment in DC, getting that apartment without having any shows in the immediate future feels a bit stagnating. Of course I can study acting in DC, but part of me feels that I should "go big or go home." Or rather, "go big or stay home."

Honestly, who knows what the future will bring. Things could change at the drop of the hat - I could be offered a gig in DC tomorrow and then my life will flip upside down (yet again). Ah, the life!


Comments

Popular Posts