The Thrifty Actor: Part I

I wanted to start a new series on my blog, and I thought about calling it "So You Don't Have A Lot of Money." As an actor, there are a lot of expenses that go into preparing yourself for the acting business, such as marketing, continual education, seeing other theater, etc. When I tell people that I'm a professional actor, so many people look at me with a cross-eyed look that implies, "Well how do you make money?" A lot of that has to do with saving money on the other essential aspects of being an actor.

So here we go.

Get a Website!

You can make a program-free, attractive, and efficient website for as little as $0 - $180 a year.

I've used Dynamod Web Portals for a hassle free, one stop shop for an attractive, ad free flash website. Choose from a few basic templates, and fill in the content yourself. $180/year for a basic package.

For a free alternative, try Wix.com. They give you more control over the format of your website, and you can get really creative with your flash elements; via a drag-and-drop design engine. You can keep it $0/yr by having a wix.com/[yournamehere] domain, or personalize it for a monthly cost.

If you are a Mac user, check out your iWeb program to create a simple site for $100/year.

Comments

Popular Posts