Audition #1

Inflatable rat on the back of a truck? Okay.

First audition in the city! I headed over the Wicked National Tour audition. My advantage: waking up in New York. For once I wasn't sleeping on a couch. What a luxury to make my breakfast and coffee, and have a morning routine that includes commuting to the Theater District. 

I was sure to leave my house by 8am. By 8:35am, I was waiting in line to sign up. I learned from past trips to New York that even though "sign up" starts at 9am, if you want to be seen you better get there earlier. 

This sign in line was crazy. I sat down unsuspecting on a random bench, only to be told that that was already someone's "spot." Confused, I found the end of the line looped around the room. As my line got closer to the monitor, I had my pen ready to sign an appointment slot, only to realize that my line was to circle around the room a second time. The line snaked around the room a total of four times. I arrived at 8:35am

Thankfully I had an audition spot not too late in the day, around 11:30am. That gave me enough time to put on my makeup, stretch, and focus. I went in that audition room and tried to apply what I learned at the LOWT auditions, and my voice was entirely present. All in all, a good audition day. 

Got home, and learned how to shop in a city grocery store....only to learn...that its exactly like shopping at home. 

Up early again tomorrow for another audition! And the grind begins. 

Comments

Popular Posts